Updated June 25, 2018
What is LootHook?
LootHook is an online service that allows people to buy and sell goods online on the website LootHook.com. Users can join LootHook as Buyer members to make purchases. Users must provide additional information to become a Seller member on LootHook.
How does LootHook collect data about me?
LootHook collects data about you:
- when you browse LootHook.com
- when you create an account on LootHook.com.
- when you send us information via our online Contact Form
- when you make a purchase or a sale of good through the LootHook.com website
- when you contact us via email at any of our email addresses such as CustomerService@LootHook.com
What data does LootHook collect about me, and why?
Site Visit Data
- to optimize the website, so it is fast and easy to use
- to understand and fix technical errors
- to defend the website from abuse and technical attacks
- to optimize our advertising so our costs remain low
- to monitor searches done our site, to understand if our product catalog is meeting users needs
LootHook stores data about your website usage for a period of 28 months. This data is aggregated data, and does not include data identifiable to you personally.
To make a purchase on LootHook.com, and to offer goods for sale on LootHook.com, you must have a member account. Users may also voluntarily create accounts, even if they do not wish to make a purchase. A regular account, also known as a Buyer’s account, requires the user to provide their name, email address, and street address. If a user wishes to be a Seller, they must also provide a valid credit card, as well as a valid PayPal account email.
LootHook uses your email address to send you messages relevant to your account such as:
- notifications about whether your bids and offers have been successful
- notifications about when your goods have been purchased by other users
- notifications about changes to our site terms and policies
- notifications about changes to your account status
- helping your reset your password if you forget it
- shipping notifications about when products are shipped and can be expected
- other messaging relevant to the purchase and sales of goods on our website
- to contact you in special circumstances about your account or any legal matters
LootHook uses your account data to:
- identify you on our website
- track purchases and sales you make on the website
- to monitor the ip address you last visited on, for security purposes
- sale data is used for accounting and tax reasons
- to facilitate the exchange of goods between buyers and sellers, by allowing sellers to know where to ship goods for example, and to whom
LootHook uses your credit card data to:
- charge Sellers listings fees on completed sales.
- commissions are processed through the authorize.net merchant gateway application
LootHook stores your account information as long as your account remains open. Purchase data, such as what has been sold, remains even after you delete your account.
How can I make choices about data collection?
You are free to visit LootHook.com without logging in. You may also configure your web browser to disable cookies when visiting the website. You can opt out of Google Analytics by using a free browser extension. LootHook does not respond to the Do Not Track HTTP header.
Where does LootHook store data about me?
LootHook stores account data and data about website usage on servers in the United States of America.
Does LootHook comply with EU General Data Protection Regulations?
LootHook respects privacy rights under Regulation EU 2016/679, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Information that GDPR requires LootHook to give can be found through these questions and answers.
Where can I see, change, and erase data about me?
You can see and change your account data at any time by visiting and updating your account page at https://www.loothook.com/Account/Summary. You may cancel your LootHook membership at any time by sending a request to CustomerService@LootHook.com. Canceling your account via email will start the process of deleting your account data, with the exception of past transaction data we have to keep for accounting and tax purposes.
Does LootHook share data about me with others?
If you make a purchase or sale on LootHook.com, information must be shared with the other party to help complete the transaction. Beyond these transfers necessary for the transactions to occur, LootHook does not sell or give information about you to other companies or services. As already stated above, Sellers’ credit card information is used to charge commissions via Authorize.net, and payment on goods sold on LootHook.com is done by buyers via PayPal.com. Please consult those services to find out more about their Privacy Policies.
How can I contact LootHook about privacy?
You may send privacy-related questions, complaints and request to LootHook at CustomerService@LootHook.com. For complaints under GDPR generally, European Union users may lodge complains with their local data protection supervisory authorities.
This version of LootHook’s privacy question and answers took effect June 5, 2018. LootHook will post the next version at https://www.loothook.com/Home/PrivacyPolicy. LootHook may change how it announces changes in future versions. In the meantime, LootHook may update its contact information and list of service providers without announcing a change. Please refer to https://www.loothook.com/Home/PrivacyPolicy for the latest information at any time.